(from left to right) UzChess members Mirshokhid Ismatov, Lazizjon Kayumov, Karimjon Yuldashev and Ibrokhimjon Gafforov joined us as we started the day’s round. Photo: Patricia Claros Aguilar (@Patriciaajedrez).
The fourth round of the IV El Llobregat Open Chess Tournament had as guests of honor members of the delegation of Uzbekistan (Youth Affairs Agency of Uzbekistan), so Lazizjon Kayumov made the bell ringing that started the games. They are in Spain thanks to the support of Alisher Sadullayev, president of the Uzbekistan Chess Federation and the Youth Affairs Agency, who has sent them to our country.
On the competitive side, Group A has reduced the number of chess players who have scored all the points played. Spain’s Alan Pichot lost on the second board with the black pieces to Greece’s Evgenios Ioannidis, so the list of players with 4 out of 4 is reduced to Daniil Yuffa, Narayanan, Aravindh and the aforementioned Ioannidis. Yuffa and Narayanan will play on the first board.
Those who have regained good feelings with their victories are Shirov and Vallejo: they move up positions in the standings to the delight of their fans. In the game of the day, Sara Khadem (2481), recently naturalized Spanish, won with the black pieces against the Indian Sethuraman Panayappan Sethuraman (2603).
In group B, the draw on the first board between WIM Malikova (2051) and WFM Bobomurodova (1950) means a change of leaders, so tomorrow Coles (2050) and Bozorob (1952) will play at the top.
The delegation of Uzbekistan in the IV El Llobregat Open Chess Tournament.
We had the pleasure of exchanging ideas with IM Bobir Satturov, who shared his thoughts with us on behalf of the Uzbek delegation.
– Why have you chosen the Llobregat Open Chess Tournament for your sports season?
– Because this tournament provides important ranking points to our chess players. We also believe that they will gain a wealth of experience, knowledge and skills. We are pleased to participate in this prestigious tournament in Spain during the current chess season.
– What are your expectations here?
– We hope that our chess players will win the tournament, adding rating points that are important for them. We were very happy that our girls won and received prizes in the lightning tournament.
– Do you feel comfortable at the Llobregat Open Chess Tournament?
– Of course, the team feels comfortable here. It wouldn’t be wrong to say that this is a very good result for us, especially with the start of the tournament. We believe that our chess players will obtain good results in Spain.
– They are accompanied by a television network, right?
– In order to inform about the tournaments in Spain, together with the Uzbek delegation we are also accompanied by the UzChess media team. The El Llobregrat tournament is being published by the Uzchess media team on Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Telegram and other platforms and social networks. Many messages, videos, photos and movies are being posted. In addition to the high level coverage of the tournament, our media team is broadcasting live the games of the IV El Llobregat Open Chess Tournament.
Our kind sponsors show their logos at the Llobregat Open Chess Tournament. Photo: Patricia Claros Aguilar (@Patriciaajedrez).
By Jorge I. Aguadero Casado, editor-in-chief of Peón de Rey.