Players who have a valid license and Elo requirements detailed below will be able to participate in elllobregat Open Chess tournament. In the case of foreigners players they must have a FIDE code.
- For this edition, will apply FIDE Laws of Chess and its annexes, taking effect from January 1st, 2023, FIDE anti-cheating rules (A.09) and FIDE tournament regulations (C.05).
- The starting rank and the categories of the whole Festival will be determined based on the ELO FIDE STANDARD list November 2023.
- The participation in elllobregat Open Chess Tnmt. implies the knowledge and the full acceptance of the present bases.
- Players agree to attend the playing venue with proper dress and to have a correct and sportive behaviour.
- Smoking and eating will not be allowed in the entire playing area.
- It will be the responsibility of each player to verify that the data contained in the different registration lists and classifications are correct, and must inform the Open Organization in case of finding any error. If it is discovered that a player has provided any incorrect information deliberately, he will be directly expelled from the Open.
- At playing area Mobile phones, electronic devices and smartwatches will not be allowed. Neither will be allowed to enter into the playing area keeping any electronic device that could serve the possibility to provide any type of chess assistance to players. The player will authorize the arbitration team to verify that their phone is switched off in case of any doubt about this.
- Players may not leave the playing area without justification or permission from a referee while their games are in progress.
- Participation in the elllobregat Open Chess Tournament implies acceptance by the player that their personal data and games may be published in the different media that the Organization deems appropriate for a better dissemination of the event. These media include, for example, social networks, registration lists (on paper and online in different media), game results, tournament rankings, broadcasts, photographs, etc.
The capacity of the participants will be set at 200/250 participants in tournament A and 50/80 in tournament B.
A proportional balance of different nationalities will be keep. The organization may modify this number.
Specific participation rules
Any player who was absent without justification for a round will be considered as leaving the tournament. Likewise, any player who was absent for two consecutive or alternate rounds, even if it could have been justified, will be automatically eliminated from the tournament. In order to justify a failure to appear, the player must contact the Organization of the Open before the end of the round to which he did not attend, so that he can be paired in the next round.
The byes, of zero points, must be requested to the arbiter in writing, at the latest, before the end of the previous round and must include both the request for bye and the signature of the player. In case a player ask for a bye in the 8th round, he/she will not be paired in the 9th round
Any claim related to an arbitration decision will have to be addressed in writing to the Appeals Committee. It must be done no more than one hour after the end of the game in which the decision in dispute took place.
The Appeals Committee will be integrated by the Open Director and 4 players (2 full members and 2 alternates), the latter for those conflicts in which one of the holders could be involved, or in case of not being able to locate a titular member). During the first round of the elllobregat Open Chess Tnmt, the Organization will proceed to choose the above mentioned Committee.
The decisions of this Committee will be final and non-appealable.
In blitz tie-break, the decisions of the chief arbiter will be non-appealable.
Total prizes of the festival are: 57.250 Euros.
The prizes of the tournament will be subject to the legal withdrawals and the established taxes.
The prizes are not cumulative and in the case that a player has access to two prizes, he will opt for the highest amount, in case of equal amount the order of prizes will correspond, first to the general table and then to the Senior and Female in this exact order
The payment of prizes will be made by bank transfer to the account which the winner will provide the organizer) on December 8 (the day the last round of play), during the closing ceremony of the tournament. Attendance at the closing ceremony is mandatory for all winners. In the event that a player is entitled to a prize but does not attend the closing ceremony, player will lose all rights to receive it, and will not be able to claim it later. Also, in order to receive the prize, in addition to providing the account number for the cash prize transfer), the player will have to provide a photocopy of their id card or passport.
The organization can have up 90 days to pay the prizes.
Data Protection Policy
The registration in the tournament will take place when the main referee validates each of the registration applications that each interested party will register, filling in the data requested in the form that is displayed in:
In accordance with the provisions of the Spanish regulations on data protection in force, as well as Regulation (EU) 2016/679, of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, especially in its Article 6.1, letters b) and f).
Any player who has completed the registration form in EL LLOBREGAT OPEN CHESS, expressly acknowledges that the Organizer of the open, has informed him that the personal data requested, those obtained during the tournament or on the occasion of the preparation and conclusion of the same, as well as others that may be obtained from public records or other sources legally admitted, will be incorporated, managed and processed in a treatment of personal data for the maintenance, development, compliance and control of the relationship of services involving participation in the tournament.
The data controller is the Organizer, before which the persons entitled to do so may exercise their rights of information, access, rectification, limitation, portability, cancellation and opposition recognized in the aforementioned European Regulation, in the Spanish legislation on data protection and its implementing regulations, by writing or email to the home or email address of the Organizer: [email protected].
The registered players, who have provided their personal data, duly informed, expressly consent to its processing and any communication or transfer of such data, including international, which may be made between the Organizer and the sponsors of the tournament, in order to offer and provide players, other services of sporting and cultural order.
For international data transfer, compliance with Article 45 and, where applicable, 46 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 shall be required.
The Organizer declares that all information indicated in Article 13 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 has been duly provided to the registered players.
We also inform you that the data provided may be used for profiling purposes. In no case may this profiling have legal effects or otherwise significantly affect him/her and consequently he/she may object to the adoption of automated individual decisions that could produce legal effects on him/her or significantly affect him/her, when this right is present in accordance with the provisions of Article 22 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
The retransmission and image rights of the competition have been acquired exclusively by the company COMUNICACIÓN METRO BCN SL, the only one authorized to issue or assign these rights to third parties.
For any questions, contact at: i[email protected].